The LinkedIn Birthday Tool
While you can use the Search and Connect or the Connector tool to expand your LinkedIn network, your work does not end there. You need to make sure that you maintain a pleasing relationship with those you are connected with. And one good way to promote a good connection is by sending your contacts appropriate greetings when applicable.
If you only have a handful of connections, then you can easily do this manually, otherwise, you can use the SM Tasker LinkedIn Birthday Tool to automate this action.
What does LinkedIn Birthday tool do?
This versatile tool can automatically send Birthday greetings to your connections on their special day. On top of that, it can also send Work Anniversary and New Position congratulatory greetings when fitting. It’s very easy to use and the return is quite rewarding.
How to use the Birthday tool?
To access the tool, simply go to Tools page > click the name of the LinkedIn account where you want to run the tool > click Birthday tool. This tool has two tabs: Settings and Results.
The Settings tab is divided into four sections: Run Timers, Birthday Settings, Messages Box and Selecting Friends section.
RUN TIMERS section
- This is where you set the time that the tool will wait before starting a new operation. A random time is selected between X and Y per operation.
- You can set the number of messages to send for each operation. Again, a random number will be selected between X and Y on each operation.
- Specify the hours when you want the messages to get sent out.
- You can add random daily intervals
- Select the days when you want the tool to execute the actions.
💡 There is an option to rotate the days. If you enable this option, SM Tasker would use the same number of days you have initially selected and rotate it.
Let’s say you checked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, on the succeeding week, SM Tasker will select random 3 days to execute the action.
You may also exclude weekends in the variation should you prefer not to follow on said days.
BIRTHDAY SETTINGS section
- In this section, you can select the type of greeting you want to send out. You can either send a Birthday message OR a Work Anniversary message OR a Congratulatory message for a new position.
- If you want to send all three, you can choose the option to ‘Send birthday, anniversary and new position messages’.
Messages Box section
Depending on what you have selected on the Birthday Settings section, the matching message box will be available on the Send Birthday Messages section.
If you have selected the ‘Send birthday, anniversary and new position messages’ option, then all three message box will be visible on this section.
What you need to do here is input your message in the designated box.
- You can use multi-level spintax (spin syntax) to add variations to your message and make it unique
- Add emojis to make it more expressive
- Use the supported tokens to add a personal touch. The tokens [FULLNAME], [FIRSTNAME], [LASTNAME], [POSITION], [COMPANY_NAME] will be replaced by the corresponding user information.
Selecting the Friends section
Choose the name of the person that you wish to send the greetings to by ticking the provided checkbox.
- You can choose to send greetings to all of your friends.
- There is also an option that will automatically select your new friends.
As you can see, at the bottom of the table, there are various action buttons to make it easier to manage the list.
All the processed actions will be recorded on the Results tab.
- DELETE ALL – this will delete the list from the Results tab
- EXPORT ALL – if you want to export the results to a .csv file, click on this function and it will generate a file for you.
- Date – you can see the date and time the message was sent
- Message – shows the message that was sent
- Name – the name of the recipient
- Action Links – Delete messages, Browse, Browse Embedded and Copy.