The LinkedIn Profile Scraper Tool
One of the new additions to the LinkedIn tools in SM Tasker is the Profiles Scraper tool. Scraping LinkedIn profiles is a huge help especially to those in the public relations or marketing fields.
This tool allows extracting personal CV information from people’s LinkedIn profile pages into a CSV-comma delimited file format.
How to use the Profile Scraper tool
To access the tool, you can go to Tools > click on your LinkedIn account > navigate to the Profile Scraper tab. It has 4 different tabs: Settings, Sources, Extracted Users and Results.
The Settings tab
From the Settings tab, you will see 2 different sections: Run Timers and Auto Export Settings.
Run Timers section:
- Setup how many seconds the tool will wait before starting a new operation
- Add how many profiles will be scraped per operation
- Indicate the hours when you want the tool to operate
- You can select the days of the week when the tool is going to operate. You also have the option to ‘Rotate days’
💡 When rotating days, SM Tasker would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected. The selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to execute actions on Saturdays and Sundays.
Auto Export Settings section:
- You can choose to automatically export results every X hours, and don’t forget to specify your preferred export location below. You may also opt to export only the newly extracted users instead of exporting all results.
- Alternatively, you may automatically export results every X hours. You may also opt to export only the newly extracted users instead of exporting all results.
📌 You can only choose one of the auto export settings at a time.
The Sources tab
You have a variety of sources on which users would like to be scraped.
- Add the keyword that you want to use which is relevant to your niche
- Choose the degrees of connections to give views to those profiles as well,
- Click the ‘Add Input’ button and the keyword will be added on the designated table.
- Choose to extract from 2ndand 3rd connections or only Premium LinkedIn users for a particular keyword you’ve added,
- You can narrow your search by using the available filters. You can filter by Location, Company, Industries, Schools and Past Companies.
- You can add tags that will be associated with the user that will be sent to Extracted Users.
Add people from a provided list:
- The textbox for adding profiles. You can add Profile URLs or the username, and for adding multiple profiles at once, add them one per line.
- Click the ‘Add to Extracted Users’ button to add the preferred profiles/URLs to your Sources.
Add people from a provided Sales Navigator list:
- The textbox for adding Sales Navigator user URLs, add them one per line.
Add people from groups members list:
- The textbox for adding the group’s members list URLs, add them one per line.
- Tick the checkbox to have your scrape your friends’ profiles.
Sales navigator keyword search:
Fill in the required fields then click on ‘Add Input’
Sales navigator search URL:
- Enter the sales navigator search URL on the textbox below.
Extracted Users tab
Users that were gathered from the sources you indicated are sent to the Extracted Users tab. The tool will then go through each one of the users on that list and extract the user’s profile.
- If there is a specific profile you don’t wish to view, you can manually delete said user from the list and the Profile Scraper tool will not execute actions on those accounts.
- When needed, you can opt to Delete all users from the list, Export them and Import preferred users to the list from a CSV file.
- If you added a tag to your source, users extracted from that specific source will show that tag in the TAGS column
- The last tab is the Results tab. This is where all the scraped profiles are recorded.
- You also have the options on the rightmost part of the list to Delete, Browse, Browse Embedded or to Copy.
- See below for a screenshot of the sample export file.