Are you a blogger looking for ways to drive traffic to your site? If you haven’t considered Pinterest, you’re missing out on a valuable opportunity. With over 400 million active users, Pinterest is a powerful platform that can help bloggers increase their traffic & reach new audiences. You shouldn’t exclude it from your strategy. In this post, we’ll explore some tips & tricks for using Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog.
How to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog website?
Pinterest is not just a place to find inspiration, it’s also a powerful platform for driving traffic to your blog. But, how can you use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog? Here are some tips:
- Optimize Your Profile: Make sure that your profile is complete & accurately represents your brand. Fill out all the required fields including your name, username, bio, & profile picture.
- Create Boards & Pins Relevant to Your Blog: Create boards that cover the same topics as your blog, & create pins that link back to your blog posts. Use descriptive titles for your boards & make sure that the pins are high-quality & visually appealing.
- Use Keywords to Optimize Your Pins & Boards: Use relevant keywords in your pin descriptions & board titles. Think about the words & phrases that users are most likely to search for on Pinterest.
- Engage with Other Users on Pinterest: Comment on other users’ pins, repin content that you find interesting, & follow other users who share similar interests. This can help you build your audience & increase your traffic over time.
How to create pins that people will want to click on?
Creating pins that people want to click on is crucial for driving traffic to your blog. Here are some tips to help you create pins that people will want to click on. See if you covered all of them.
- Use of High-Quality Images: Use high-quality images that are both visually appealing & relevant to your blog post. Something attractive that will be nice to look at.
- Add Text Over your Pins: Add text overlays to your images. This will clearly communicate the topic of your blog post. This helps images to stand out in the Pinterest feed & make it clear what your post is about.
- Properly Size Your Images: Make sure your images are properly sized for Pinterest. The ideal size for a Pinterest image is 735 pixels wide by 1102 pixels tall.
- Experiment with Different Designs: Try out different designs & styles to see what works best for your audience.
How often you should post on Pinterest to get more traffic?
Posting consistently is a must when your goal is to increase traffic. Here are some tips that can help you to create an optimal posting strategy.
- Create a Schedule: Create a schedule for pinning & stick to it. This will help you stay consistent & keep your content fresh.
- Pin New Content Regularly: Pin new content to your boards on a regular basis. This will help keep your content fresh & make it more likely that users will discover your content. When target audience becomes familiar with your content, this creates more trust & interest.
- Experiment with Frequency: Try pinning at different frequencies to see what works best for your audience. Testing & trying is always useful method.
When it’s the best time to post on Pinterest to drive more traffic
Knowing when to post on Pinterest is almost as important as knowing what to post. If you’re not posting at the right time, your content may get lost in the crowd. Then it might not be seen by as many people as you would like. So, when is the best time to post on Pinterest?
According to studies, the best time to post on Pinterest is in the evening, specifically between 8 pm & 11 pm. This is when Pinterest users tend to be the most active. It’s also a good idea to post on weekends, when people have more free time to browse through their Pinterest feeds. However, every audience is different, so you may want to experiment with different posting times to see what works best for your specific audience. Using Pinterest Analytics to track your post performance can also help you identify which times get the most engagement on Pinterest from your audience.
Examples of great Pinterest boards that drive traffic to websites
Creating visually appealing & relevant boards can be a great strategy for driving traffic to your site. We all need some external inspiration, right? To help inspire your own Pinterest strategy, take a look at these examples. Some of these great Pinterest boards can light some bulbs for you.
The Everygirl – This lifestyle website covers a range of topics. From home decor to career advice. The Everygirl’s Pinterest boards reflect this diversity, with carefully curated boards featuring everything from recipes to fashion. With high-quality images & descriptions, The Everygirl has attracted a large following on Pinterest & drives significant traffic to their website.
The Kitchn – A popular food website with a strong Pinterest presence, The Kitchn’s boards feature mouth-watering images of food & drink, as well as easy-to-make recipes & meal planning tips. The Kitchn also has boards dedicated to specific diets, making it easy for users to find relevant content. By providing high-quality, useful content that is optimized for Pinterest, The Kitchn has built a large following on the platform & drives significant traffic to their website.
Brit + Co – This lifestyle website covers everything from DIY projects to tech news, & their Pinterest boards reflect this diversity with categories like wedding ideas & social media tips. Brit + Co’s boards are visually appealing & easy to navigate, making it easy for users to find the content they’re looking for. By creating boards that appeal to a wide range of interests & providing high-quality, useful content, Brit + Co has built a large following on Pinterest & drives significant traffic to their website.
Creative Market – This online marketplace for graphic design assets has Pinterest boards that feature a mix of their own products & other design inspiration, with a focus on visually appealing images & design tips. Creative Market also has boards dedicated to specific design niches, making it easy for users to find relevant content. By providing high-quality, useful content that is optimized for Pinterest, Creative Market has built a large following on the platform & drives significant traffic to their website.
By studying these successful Pinterest boards, you can gain valuable insight into how to optimize your own Pinterest strategy for website traffic. Remember to focus on creating boards that are visually appealing & easy to navigate, with high-quality & relevant content that is optimized for Pinterest. By following & trying these strategies, you can make tests on your content & see what works better for you.
Pinterest can be a powerful tool for bloggers looking to drive traffic to their sites. By optimizing your profile, creating pinnable images, & engaging with other users on the platform, you can increase your visibility & reach new audiences. Getting inspired by those that are doing it right is also a great method, & we shared some great examples with you. So if you’re not already using Pinterest to promote your blog, it’s time to get started!
Leave a Reply