The Unfollow Tool
As you may know, social networks have certain limits and we don’t have other options but to respect them. For instance, when it comes to the maximum number of followings of an account, each social network has its own limits. Therefore, when you hit the total number of followings, you will not be able to follow new users unless you start unfollowing some of the old ones you’ve followed.
To make up for that, SM Tasker’s Unfollow tool is here to make your life easier by automatically unfollowing for you. Even if you have not reached the maximum number of followings yet, but you want to start unfollowing to balance your total followings and followers for added credibility, the Unfollow tool can readily do the task for you.
How to access the Unfollow tool
This tool is available for all social networks that have the Follow tool such as Quora, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Pinterest. To use the Unfollow tool, go to Tools and click on the account where you want to use the tool or click More Tools action.
(Insert a screenshot of the Tools section with the marked More actions button)
It’s a non-complicated tool hence easy to set up as well as to understand how it works. It has only one tab with all the essential settings that is comprised of 4 sections that will enable you to control the performance of the tool like how many users to unfollow by choosing who you want to unfollow and so on.
(Insert screenshot of Tumblr’s Unfollow tool’s Run Timers and Limits)
- Unfollow items after a minimum of X days after SM Tasker has followed them
- The interval time before a new operation starts
- How many users/boards will be unfollowed for each operation
- The time of day when SM Tasker will unfollow users
- You can choose to set a random sleep time wherein the tool is going take a rest from executing the unfollow action before starting a new operation
- Days of the week when the tool will operate; you can rotate the days when the tool will execute the unfollow actions
✅ On rotating days, SM Tasker would pick the equivalent number of days you have initially selected; the selection is random and you have the option to exclude weekends in the variation in case you don’t want to unfollow on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Maximum number of users/boards to be unfollowed per day; SM Tasker will pick a random number from the X-Y maximum unfollows you have configured and use that as the limit for a particular day
- Enable automatic follow/unfollow option is very useful when you want to maintain a balance between your followers and followings; this will let you run the follow and unfollow tool interchangeably by automatically stopping and starting whichever tool depending on the condition you set in the said option (Tumblr and Pinterest)
User Filters (Quora, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, and Pinterest)
- Unfollow all users followed by SM Tasker. If you leave this option unchecked, the tool will only unfollow users that didn’t follow you back, but if you want to unfollow all users followed by SM Tasker, you need to check this option.
- If you want to unfollow all except for a selected few, you can use the whitelist option (available for Quora, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest), add the people you don’t want to unfollow and SM Tasker will skip them when executing the action
- There is an option to skip unfollowing active accounts provided they posted within the last X days.
(Insert a screenshot of Filters)
💡 Good to know:
- By default, SM Tasker will only unfollow those that have been followed by the software, this refers to those users listed in the Follow Results tab. That being said, should you wish to unfollow users that were followed manually or outside of SM Tasker via different software, you will need to import those users first through the Follow tool – Results tab.
(Insert a screenshot of Tumblr Follow Results – marked the option “Import users followed outside”)
- Suspend when temporary blocked – as seen from the tooltip, you can use this option if you want to suspend the tool for x-y minutes when get blocked
(Insert a screenshot of suspend when temporary blocked option marked)
📌 While there is no Results tab for the Unfollow tool, you can easily check which users have been unfollowed by heading to the Results tab of the Follow tool, on the Results table, check the corresponding value in the #UNFOLLOWED column. If it is Yes, that means that the user from that particular row has been unfollowed.
(Insert a screenshot of Follow Results with marked column Was Unfollowed)